All drivers must be at least 16 years of age, and provide a valid driver’s license, state issued ID, or passport. Individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult in their party. Children between the ages of 6 and 15 can ride double with an adult. Adults can also ride double with another adult.
• Previous snowmobiling experience is not required. Many of our guests are first timers! However, there is some degree of coordination required to properly handle and maneuver a snowmobile. Proper handling techniques and riding instructions will be provided prior to the start of your tour.
• Riding a snowmobile is not recommended for expecting mothers or people who have neck or back problems.
• Reservations are required for all tours. Please do not show up unannounced without a reservation. Advanced reservations are strongly encouraged. We do gladly accept same-day bookings as well. Reservations can be made directly on our website or over the telephone.
• We offer zero-risk bookings! Cancellations occurring with 48 hours or more notice prior to your scheduled tour start time will receive a 100% refund. Any cancellation that occurs with less than 48 hours notice of your scheduled tour start time is not eligible for a refund and will be charged the full tour price. If inclement weather or trail conditions cause your tour to be cancelled, we will work with you to reschedule your tour. If we are unable to reschedule your tour we will provide you with a 100% refund.
• We recommend you dress yourself appropriately for outdoor exposure in the Alaskan winter. Dressing in warm layers is highly recommended. Moisture wicking under layers are always a good idea. Bring any winter and snow outer shells you may have such as snow pants, bibs, jacket, parka, boots, mittens, etc. If you are unsure of what wear, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
• We do provide the following safety and protective gear for all tours at no additional cost: helmets, goggles, balaclavas (head and neck warmers), snow bibs, boots, and gloves/mittens. Please bring a winter coat/parka.
• The following items are required: please bring a winter coat/parka and identification (driver’s license, state issued ID, or passport). Please feel free to bring other items such as a small backpack or fanny pack, water, and snacks. And don’t forget your cameras!
• Gratuities are not included in the price of the tour. While gratuities are not required, our guides greatly appreciate any and all gratuities. We leave this up to each individual guest. If you enjoyed yourself on the tour and you enjoyed your tour guide, please feel free to tip your guide. Guides can accept cash gratuities, or they can be added to your reservation and charged to your card. Our goal is to provide you with a safe, enjoyable snowmobile tour that produces lasting memories.
• We are located in the beautiful Goldstream Valley, approximately 10 miles north of downtown Fairbanks. Our address is 2180 Tequila Court, Fairbanks, Alaska 99709. We do not provide transportation. However, taxi cab services, shuttle services, and Uber drivers all know our location and routinely bring guests to our location. If you have your own rental vehicle, we do have parking on site.
• Check-in and orientation will occur upon arrival to our location. You need to arrive on time, as late arrivals will forfeit their ability to join the tour and will be charged the full tour price. We cannot delay tour start times for late arrivals, as it is unfair to other guests. Please show up on time or early.
• You will be required to sign a liability waiver releasing Fairbanks Snow Sleighers of all liabilities and holding yourself personally responsible for any damages you may cause.
• We will provide you with, and get you fitted for all of your safety and protective gear (helmets, goggles, balaclavas, snow bibs, boots, and riding mittens).
• We will provide you with a safety briefing, rules of the road, and riding instructions and techniques.
F.S.S. carries general liability insurance, insuring all drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. However, F.S.S. does not carry vehicle insurance or collision insurance on the snowmobiles. F.S.S. offers an insurance option for purchase to cover the driver for any damages that may occur during the tour. If an accident occurs due to negligence, that person will be financially responsible for any damages incurred (refer to the liability waiver below).